St George’s Catholic Primary School
Gordon Road, Enfield, EN2 0QA
Telephone: 0208 363 3729
School Sports Coach
Actual Salary Range: £17,488 - £18,125 p.a. inclusive (scale 3)
Hours: 35 hours per week x 38 weeks per annum
Required for May 2019
‘In everything we do today, we’re following Jesus and his way’
Do you want to work in an environment with a caring ethos and happy, well-behaved children? Do you have the skills to support children’s physical development and learning?
We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and proactive sports coach to provide an exciting and stimulating sport curriculum as well as lead extra-curricular sport activities. The successful candidate will deliver lessons throughout the primary age (ages 4-11) during curriculum time.
You will be asked to cover all sports on the national curriculum PE syllabus, and keep records of your lessons plans and assessments.
You will need to have:
- At least one coaching qualification from a registered body such as the FA/LTA and/or a BTEC/Sports degree.
- Proven skills and abilities in teaching or coaching sports in primary schools (KS1 & KS2)
- The ability to deliver outstanding PE lessons
- A knowledge of the National Curriculum for Physical Education
- Effective classroom and pupil behaviour management techniques
- The ability to communicate effectively with children, staff and parents and be committed to positively supporting children.
- Good organisational and time management skills
- An enhanced DBS check
- Total commitment to supporting the safeguarding procedures of the school
- The vision to develop and enhance the range of extra-curricular opportunities the school offer
Visits to the school are welcomed and encouraged. Please download an application pack below or contact Julie Jones-Owen, Business Manager on 0208 363 3729 for further information.
Closing Date: Friday 26th April (noon)
Interview Date: Friday 3rd May
Start date: Monday 3rd June (or earlier if possible)
St George’s is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its pupils and an Enhanced Level DBS Disclosure will be required for appointment to this post.