Welcome to the St. George’s Catholic Primary School PTA
Who are the PTA?
The PTA Committee members for 2016/2017 are:
- Kelly O’Driscoll – Co-Chair
- Jo Nugara – Co-Chair
- Suzanne McGowan – Co-Chair
- Gemma Ward – Co-Chair
- Florence Boulton -Treasurer
- Secretary – Vacant position
What is the PTA and what does it do?
The Parent and Teacher’s Association (PTA) is an organisation of parents and teachers and its role is to encourage closer links between home and the school. All parents/carers automatically join the PTA when their child joins the school.
The St. George’s PTA has two key aims:
- To strengthen the school, church and local community by holding events where all members of the community can meet and socialise outside of the usual ‘school day’
- To raise additional funds for the school in order to provide more resources for the children
All money raised through fundraising events goes directly towards providing resources for the school and it makes a significant difference to the provisions the children receive. In the past few years the PTA has funded:
- Infant Playground Equipment
- Resources for the play leaders in the Infant and Junior Playground
- Resources the Maths Day
- Resources for the Year of Mercy Day
- School Projector
- Year 6 leaving books and pens
Our main fundraising events are the Summer and Christmas Fairs and the Autumn Ball. However, the following fundraising initiatives have also taken place in 2016:
- Freeze Pop Fridays. The PTA sold ice creams and lollies after school on Friday during the summer term. This proved to be extremely popular with all ice creams selling out every week! We are considering other options for the Autumn/Spring terms.
- Sports Day Refreshments. The PTA in conjunction with Starbucks provided tea, coffee and pastries for sale during the Infant and Junior sports days.
We have other fundraising ideas such as movie nights and quiz nights to help raise additional funds and we would love to hear if you have any other ideas!
How can you get involved?
We would like as many parents/carers as possible to be actively involved in the PTA. We hold two PTA meetings per year to talk about fundraising and also discuss how the funds can be spent. These are usually held in April and October and details of these will be posted in the school newsletter. Everyone is welcome, so please attend if you can.
Additionally, each class has a ‘class link’ who co-ordinates help for fundraising events, so please assist your class link. A list of class links will be added here once it has been updated.
If you are interested in assisting the PTA with fundraising initiatives for the school or have an idea of your own you would like to run, please do email us at email@example.com. The continued success of the PTA depends on the support of all parents/carers so please help us where you can. We appreciate all the help we receive!